Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving...



thanks·giv·ing

  [thangks-giv-ing]
noun
1.
the act of giving thanks; grateful acknowledgment ofbenefits or favors, especially to God.
2.
an expression of thanks, especially to God.
3.
a public celebration in acknowledgment of divine favor orkindness.
4.
a day set apart for giving thanks to God.
5.
initial capital letter Thanksgiving Day.

                                                                       Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thanksgiving



Basically, it's all about saying THANK YOU and giving back to those people who made you happy, like your family. In the US it is being celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November, which is today. Right now people are preparing turkeys and getting ready for this special event. Sometimes, I wish we had this certain occasion too, though we have one which is on Christmas day.

Personally, I think that we shouldn't wait for a certain occasion to be thankful, we have everyday of our lives to do it. Time passes by so fast and you'll never know what will happen tomorrow. I have lots of regret in my life, and one of it was not being able to say thank you to my Papa while he was still alive, so right now whenever I get to speak with them I also make sure to make them feel loved even if I am islands away from them. A simple text, email or call will do, trust me it's going to make a difference.

Right now here are what I am thankful for:
My loving family (including my beau's fam of course)
My super patient and loving beau
My friends
My 3 little pups 
My job (simply because there are a lot jobless people out there)
and of course Papa Jesus ☺




How about you? What are you thankful for? ☺

xoxo,

iamdriza ♥♥♥




1 comment:

Igor Torgachkin said...

Good luck! Greetings from Russia!